First up, can I just apologise for the substandard quality of some of these photos? My usual photo gimp (husband) was working the early shift this week so by the time I had got myself just about presentable he was halfway to Victoria. So most mornings this week I’ve been:
1. Balancing the camera on a loaf of bread trying to get the ‘angle’ right.
2. Trying to fix the terrible lighting in the kitchen as a result of the most god awful London weather imaginable this side of Christmas.
3. Skittering back and forth from pose to camera, stomping on cats’ tails by accident and making myself late for the train.
But without further ado – here’s the week from my wardrobe… scroll down for deets.
- Tuesday: So long seersuckers dress with modcloth cardy and gray wool tights
- Wednesday: Colette vintage violet with Mango cardy and Gap skinny jeans
- Thursday: Upcycled Monsoon dress (b4 blog) with cream Oasis cardy and gray tights. I cut about 7 inches off hem and added rick rack.
- Friday: Self-drafted polka dot top with Mango tulip skirt, black tights and modcloth cardy
- Saturday: Self-drafted Bright Eyes top with jeans and Mango cardy
- Sunday: Colette Peony with cream Oasis cardy and gray tights
Overall I played it fairly safe this week, choosing to wear tried and tested items I’ve worn countless times already. You see I’ve put on a few pounds (shh!) and I’m slightly worried a few of the outfits might not fit around the old waistline! I think it’ll take a trying-on sesh in front of the mirror before I’m comfortable plucking some of my more fitted items off the hanger in the early morning. That gorgeous teal ginger? Will it still even fit? Bites lip! I’ll let you know…
I also want to get cracking on a few other projects to help me ease my way through MMM and give me some variety throughout the month as well as flexibility.
I’ve downloaded this fantastically simple T-shirt pattern from Grainline, made even more glorious by True Bias and her oversized polka dots. As soon as I saw her version I just knew I had to have it. And how did I NOT get on with my Renfrew knowing MMM was coming up? Ack! Fail. What a perfect midweek item to sling on over jeans or skinny trews. Finally – I’ve traced out the Darling Ranges dress for my first wearable muslin. I would love to have this dress ready to wear for MMM… and to have two? Wowsers. It would be Milky Bars on me! *
*Not literally you understand – I am now officially ‘off sweets’. Sad face.